My Lovely Followers :)

Monday, June 28, 2010

Myrtle Beach...Part I

Heyy guys! How has your Monday treated you?
Well, it's time for a bit of my Myrtle Beach trip!!! Now, we were there from Sunday-Friday, which means LOTS of pictures. NO WAY could I put all of my pictures on here, or even half of the week. Here is a bit of traveling, Sunday and Monday! And this is STILL a lot of pictures. So, I'll have a post w/ 1 or 2 days in Myrtle Beach, no more than that. I may skip a post about Myrtle Beach and do something else...so this may take a while! Just try to enjoy it! :)

We stopped in Kentucky to eat dinner...it was a half A&W half Long John Silvers...I ate Long John Silvers chicken and then, like, 8 hush puppies. I LOVE hush puppies dipped in ketchup. YUM:D

Of course we drove to Myrtle Beach. We stayed one night in Tennessee in a hotel, then the next morning we ate at...


Yes, FLAPJACK'S! It was a pancake/waffle house. VERY GOOD!

I ate chocolate chip pancakes with the most delicious chocolate milk!

Traveling was verrry boring. I read, watched movies on a portable DVD player(watched the Hangover 3 times on the way.), drew and slept. Ughhh I would get so nauseous and car sick.

THEN we got there. It took 12 hours of driving.

Our first glimpse of the pooling area...this was inside-ish, under a roof. It was a lazy river/pool in this, then you'd go outside and there were 2 big pools. Then go down a flight of steps to the beach. I would spend all day in these 3 places. :)

We went up to our 9th floor (yay, the higher the better!) and I LOVED our condo. It was 3 bedrooms, each w/ it's own bathroom. Then the kitchen and living room. Of course I had to immediately go to the balcony! I ate breakfast here every morning! :)

I was so excited! I could smell the beach from the balcony!



The Grand Strand...

It was me, mom, my brother, and step-dad. But then, my step-dad's parents were on there way down a day after us(the had to go to a wedding.). My mom and step-dad let his parents get the biggest bedroom, my brother and I took the medium-sized room(the beds were 2 beds pushed together...like for a brother and sister) and my mom and step-dad took the smaller room.

This was the pool we were always at...I just liked this one better and it we always lounged beside it, so obviously we'd swim in this one.

I got in this once,...lol.



These lovely little advertisements were flown EVERY FLIPPING second!!!

I liked that our hotel wasn't in North or South Myrtle Beach, it was right in the middle, and there were no hotels right beside it! Only beach houses, which was great because the beach wasn't crowded! :)



My brother was already drumming...:P


He had his trunks on within 10 minutes of being there!!!



The first night we were there was the ONLY night we ate at the hotel. (We ate spaghetti)...the rest of the time we ate out for dinner:D But I must say the spaghetti was gooood.

A pretty cloud♥




Bryan & Anthony.

Sunday night...



The first night at Myrtle Beach we always go to Fudruckers! It's just a hamburger-ish restaurant, but it has a buffet how you fix it any way you want, they just give you the burger. :)

Haha, a shirt at Fudruckers!!! :P


Oh yeah, our hotel was called Island Vista. & there's me:)

The back of our hotel...the beach side.

Where I lounged at...of course I would be under a palm tree because I get so hot! There were not that many chairs at the hotel, so someone would have to come down at around 8:15 (the pool opened at 8) and get 6 chairs and put them down where we always sat & put our towels on them. Or else, there would be NO chairs when we came down at 9:30.!Crazy!

I would have to at least be sitting down for a straight hour..what?? It's called vacation for a reason! I would sleep if I wanted to, read Little Women or do fill-in puzzles. :D

On Monday, we heard the lifeguard's blow the whistle to make everyone get it out...because there was a HUGE school of fish(the brown spot in the water), and there could possibly be sharks looking for some lunch. So out of the water!

A closer look...


We went to Wal-Mart one night, and there was no gallons of milk!!! That's crazy!!! Good thing we had got some earlier! And the half-gallons were going by quick too!

Monday night...

HAHA! We were at some store and my brother found a hat with a wig and a whip...I told him he looked like his name was Hector!!! :D

On Monday night, we went to Kirk's Ice Cream Parlor-it's a very busy place. We had some...

ICE-CREAM! :D So good, so bad, so BIG but I ate every bite! Ahhh nothing's better than some chocolate ice-cream!

And that concludes Sunday and Monday! Much more to come people!

Until Random Wednesdays,

~Abby~

25 comments:

Oddyoddyo13 said...

Whoa, that was only Sunday and Monday??

Francesca said...

It looks like so much fun! That's a really cool pool thing, with the roof over it! Can't wait for more (:

Talia said...

Wow it looks like you had a lot of fun. I never get to go on vacation, but your lucky that you do. It seems like you have lots of fun with your family =)Lots of love <3

Hannah said...

Aw, I miss that place. We stopped going after Erin's accident. I love the shirt your wearing in the first picture of Monday. It looks like you had a lot of fun. =)

Ruth said...

Looks like much fun! I really enjoyed reading and watching the pictures, totally brings me in the holiday mood :)

Luckely the hangover is a funny movie, otherwise it would be even more boring in the car!

Charleston said...

great blog darling x

www.pinstripeprince.blogspot.com

Lexi said...

love the pics, looks like a gorgoeuz place!!!!!!

Amy said...

Love the photos! You look like you're having a great time.

Áine said...

Please don't think I'm from another planet but,what's a hush puppy? :)

Áine said...

By the way I'm glad you had a great time!! :)

Bleah Briann//Lovely said...

Hey! If you love me... which I know you do. You'll go to Guin's Blog (because its awesome) at: www.guinevereamoureaux.blogspot.com
and follow her, and tell her I Bleah Briann @ www.blonde4christ.blogspot.com sent you.

Thanks so much!

With Love and Blessings,
Bleah Briann

Anonymous said...

Ooo I wanna go there! That is so pretty!

Unknown said...

haha you'd get so hot! Sheesh us aussie girls would be shivering in our bikinis it would be so cold! haha what was it 25 degrees? hehehe I'd LOVE to see you on my local beach! You'd be melting! :D

Anonymous said...

My Dearst Abby,

I love your pictures especially your supper cool brother haha. I mentioned in my blog that I have the craziest privacy up on my FB account..so the person you added, im certain it wasnt me haha. I'll find you! have a great, sunshine filled day!

Anonymous said...

I just sent you a friend request dearest dear hahaa

Kaleda said...

Glad you had fun! Too bad about being carsick--i get like that too and it SUCKS. The pools look really fun!
Your blog is awesome!
xoxo
Kayla

Kimberly Franklin said...

Looks like you had so much fun! And what a pretty beach! :)

NabilaHazirah said...

SO cool!! so glad you had an awesome time with your family!!

p.s. the ice-cream looks really yummy!

xx

{ felicity } said...

okay so you had ice-cream and pancakes and your at the beach...can I kill you right now?

xx

Molly said...

Looks like a lot of fun, and very beautiful! I just drove this huge loop around the country and I totally agree that driving is really boring. :]

Estefany @ The Helmet Head said...

Nice blog! OH man all the food just made me hungry and it is so late to have a snack now haha! YOu have pretty hair =)

-Estefany
Check me out at: thehelmethead.blogspot.com

Bleah Briann//Lovely said...

Can you please, please, pretty please follow guin @ : guinevereamoureaux.blogspot.com
and tell her I sent you? Please... because you see... I'm trying to win this, contest. And I need you're help. Because I'm trying to get her more followers, and I really wanna win. lol.
Thanks, you're amazing!

With Love and Blessings,
Bleah Briann

ЯANdOM ЯAWR said...

I love the photos! (The pool > awesome.) You're so lucky to have been on vacation for so long, my family usually goes on three-day trips about twice a year.

Anonymous said...

you sound like you had a lot of fun! :D

The beach looks amazing! :D

Miss ya girl!

http://vivalabreee.blogspot.com/

Full-On-Forward said...

Almost Grew Up in Myrtle Beach in the 70-3- through Now!

It's AWESOME!!!

And so's your blog!

John