My Lovely Followers :)

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Pages 123 Tag

I've been tagged by Alice to do the Pages 123 tag. It was inspired by Bleah's post, though.

Choose 3 novels, go to page 123 on each, skip the first 5 sentences, then write out the next five sentences. When you're done, tag 5 other bloggers.



First, I'll do These Boots Are Made For Stalking by Lisi Harrison. I'm currently reading this book, along with the nex book on my tag.

Page 123....Five sentences down....

...Massie had docked her 2 whole points this morning for the hole in the left knee. It had brought her outfit rating down to a 7.6, which, as Massie had explained, was one-tenth of a point away from a mandatory bad sushi day. But this PC was a different kind of PC. There wasn't a designer piece of clothing in sight, and no one had insulted her bangs, given her a once-over, or suggested she switched to the Sugar Busters diet to repair the damage she'd done on Halloween. Was it here she could just be . . . Claire-holey jeans, sweet tooth, and all?




Specials by Scott Westerfeld

I'm reading this as well, but I'm not even to page 123! So hopefully this won't spoil anything.

Page 123....Five sentences down....

...He coughed into a fist. The smoke was even filling this giant room. "The trains."
He pointed downward.


Utterly Me, Clarice Bean by Lauren Child. I wrote to Lauren
once and she wrote back. I utterly love these books.

Page 123....Five sentences down....

...I say, "But he has come up with some utterly amazing gadgets.
He really has.
And I think you would
really like him.
He is utterly funny.
and he can drink orange juice up his nose!"
Betty says,
"Oh well,
if you like Karl Wrenbury so much,
then you can do your stupid Ruby exhibit with him."
The reason I skipped around and capitalized some words is because that is how it is in the book. So yep.
Hmmm, who shall I tag this onto?

Seli-One of my twitter buddies.
Mollie-A new blogger. :)
Cristal-So sweet and a new friend.
Katie-For nominating me for Bleah's blog awards & I just love this girl!
Kakes-Her blog is inspirational to me, and she's awesome.

I have some more tags coming up, so if you're one of my followers, you might get tagged soon!
Have a nice day everyone! :)

xx,
~Abby~

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool books. Is the second one by the person who wrote that show on Disney...Something like Charlie and Lola?

Full-On-Forward said...

"And I think you would
really like him.
He is utterly funny.
and he can drink orange juice up his nose!"

Hi Abby- I jumped over from Alice's blog to see your 123 post and was NOT disappointed. Good stuff. Being from Florida originally the Orange juice up the nose was awesome. Of course ANYTHING coming "out" of a nose from laughter is awesome. Without laughter--ummmmm, not so much!

(Might be a booger!)

John

Oddyoddyo13 said...

Awesome books-I might just have to check them out. I've seen the second one a few times and pondered getting it....It'll most likely be on my shelf the next time I see it. Hehe. Cool blog by the way. I checked out your previous post and thought it was awesome! Alice in Wonderland was even better than I'd thought it would be.

Anonymous said...

I haven't read any of these, but you make them sound good. I'll probably read one soon.
I heart your blog!

LOVE!

Camelgirl said...

This is a really cool tag.
:)
<3

Hannah said...

I'm reading These Boots Are Made For Stalking, too. I bought it when it first came out, but then I lost it, but I found it today =]

I V Y said...

hehe i love clarice bean, so cute :)

i was looking at the photos of you on your blog, and do you know that you're absolutely gorgeous! agh i'm jealous! embrace it girrrllfriend :)

thanks for your awesome comment haha

xx

julialow said...

Hey Abby!
Thanks for your comment on my blog, I'm doing just swell. Just that my left arm's a bit sore from doing a little archery over the weekend. Hee. And yourself? :D

To answer your question on my blog, She & Him is a band. :) You should check their music out if you're into the whole indie-folk genre.

the notebook doodles said...

you're welcome to use my photo :) just remember to credit it back.

Kylie :) said...

Hey Abby :)
Nice to meet you!

xx

Kylie :) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

aaw thanks for tagging me and ur such a great new friend (:

-cris

Anonymous said...

yes for sure (: thts wat its there for.. have fun with it (:

-cris

Athena. said...

Oh, I love Utterly, Me.
It's the loveliest book :)
Adore your blog,
xx